Sunday, June 1, 2008

Koombya, Larry

We dropped Larry off for a week of church camp this evening. No one in our family ever has gone, but it seemed like a great chance for Larry to stretch his wings a bit.

When we finished registration and found Larry's cabin, there were his two best friends! They had decided to come at the last minute, so Larry was thrilled. They took off to the pool as soon as we got him settled, and he just sort of waved goodbye. He is going to have such a good time we're probably going to have to pry him off the premises come Friday.

I am feeling a good bit better but still am slightly bewildered at the amount of medication I have to take. It's hard to master the art of taking acid blockers 15-30 minutes before I eat and then remember to take the antibiotics -- three enormous pills -- during my meal. I have three more days of eye drops and 10 more days of H. pylori cocktail, and then I'm back on Prevacid every day -- at least until I have the upper GI done.

But the head and throat pain are gone and that's worth a lot. I'll just be glad to have some energy again.

No comments: