Thursday, June 5, 2008

With a little help from my [friend]

Grocery day wasn't bad at all! I had a meeting at church yesterday evening and went by the market on the way home. I had two tools: A list and a book called To Buy or Not to Buy Organic by Cindy Burke. The book is excellent and I probably will buy it, just for the shopping guide that starts on page 157. I stayed in budget but only because I passed on the $8.99 organic cherries (you should never buy conventionally grown cherries, according to Burke, who has done an insane amount of research).

We pick up Larry from camp tomorrow. We haven't received any news of him despite my equipping him with stamped, pre-addressed postcards. Which means either he misplaced them or is having such a great time he forgot them. I hope it's the latter.

Today is Geddy's and my wedding anniversary. Some of the highlights of our wedding day included:
-- His brother's truck breaking down so he couldn't attend
-- His dad's broken foot
-- Forgetting the rings so that our friend Marianne had to break into his parents' house to retrieve them
-- My forgetting to give out the roses I'd chosen for G's mom, my mom and my Gram
-- The air conditioning going out at my parents' house, where we were changing to leave for our honeymoon in the 90-plus degree heat
-- Almost missing the late check-in at our hotel
-- Our romantic wedding night dinner at Chick-Fil-A

I'm glad to have funny stories about our sweet little wedding. I'm thankful for the church friends who made the food for the reception, for the work friends who had such a vested interest in our relationship and for everyone who supported us then and lift us up now. I am a blessed woman to have found such an incredible person to share my life and I am a better person because he married me.

So, happy 15th anniversary to us, and may the next leg of our journey be as amazing as this one!

No comments: