Saturday, June 7, 2008

If you have prayers to spare...

My Gram is 87 and in unusually good health. She has lived alone since the death of my grandfather in 1983, and she is tough and spunky and fun and has always been the greatest of encouragers to me and Geddy.

Gram is in the hospital right now. She has been bleeding from her stomach into her intestines for an undetermined period of time. Her blood count has been low for some time, but they couldn't figure out why until her bowels started bleeding violently Thursday morning and they found the problem with her stomach.

Please, pray that this amazing woman either is healed immediately and completely or that, if God is ready to receive her into His kingdom, her passing is quick and peaceful. Her greatest fear is to become a burden on her family and though I would be devastated to lose her, I hope her fear goes unrealized.

I have loved my Gram. I have called her and visited her and lifted her up, and my children know her well. I have no regrets about our relationship.

But I am NOT giving up on her, not yet!!!

No comments: