Friday, June 6, 2008

Surprise!

Well, this is gonna be a long postscript to yesterday's anniversary entry.

G and I went to dinner at O'Charley's and then went by the church to pick up a new book for Bible study.

Or so I thought.

We pulled up and I said, "I'll just wait in the car." No, I had to go in with him. *sigh*

I powdered my nose and put on some lipstick, and I was glad I did because when I walked into the auditorium with him, there was a crowd of friends and family waiting to watch a special slide show with us. Genesis' "Follow You Follow Me" accompanied photos from our rehearsal and wedding, and G asked me to marry him again.

Of course, I said yes. And right there, we renewed our vows in a beautiful ceremony.

I have to say I don't usually like surprises. I mean, I don't want to know what I'm getting for Christmas or anything, but surprises usually involve gullible me and some kind of embarrassing practical joke. If G says he's stopping by the church to pick up a book, I assume that's what he's doing.

But this was the loveliest kind of surprise. And further proof -- as if I needed it -- that God has given me a real man, a real husband, a real father for our children. And that in addition to showing us every day how important we are to him by meeting all of our practical needs, he is willing to spend weeks putting together something special just to honor me on our anniversary.

He is a wonderful man and I am proud to be his wife...again.

No comments: