Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend update

(My apologies to SNL.)

I am the proud new owner of:

1. A dog of indeterminate age, called Susie, who appears to be a mix of wire-haired Jack Russell terrier and beagle. JoJo is tolerant thus far, and my aging and ailing Gram thinks I'm an answer to her prayer for a loving home for her doggie. Maybe I am. I kinda like this little girlie (but don't tell anyone).

2. Five new dresses and a new pair of strappy heels. All hail clearance season!

3. A very green digital camera. Seriously, about the color -- remember green apple flavored Now & Laters? Uh-huh.

4. Assorted school supplies, all irresistible at between a nickel and $1.29. I'm stocked up on erasers...bring on the algebra!

5. All of Stevie Wonder's No. 1 hits on CD.

Also, I got to help my sweet friend Kelly celebrate the impending arrival of Baby No. 3, a little boy with an as-yet-undetermined name who is supposed to join us in September. She has two girls, so I think we all overwhelmed her at the shower with little boy things.

Church rocked this morning but I haven't formed my thoughts on the sermon that kicked off an eight-week series this morning. Maybe I'll post more on that later, maybe not.

It was a fantastic weekend!

No comments: