Friday, January 16, 2009

Thinking before I speak (or write)

Last night's post included a rude comment about my husband, which I have since deleted. I usually make a rule of not speaking critically about Geddy, but I certainly broke it last night. My apologies.

While I was at the doctor's office yesterday, the nurse asked how long it's been since I had a tetanus shot. I couldn't remember, so she gave me one. Instead of having it in my left arm, I had it in my right (dominant), so now I'm having trouble lifting and doing things.

Larry and I are going this afternoon to pick up a friend to visit overnight, so he is busy cleaning downstairs. I'm sorely tempted to invite a friend every weekend if it ensures his room and bathroom will be tidied.

Curly Sue and Moe plan to make a clubhouse of dining room chairs, sheets and blankets so they can camp out in the living room tonight. They are going to watch movies on the laptop and sleep on their sleeping bags, and probably eat candy and make a mess. Good times. Reminds me of my little brother and me.

Geddy and I have several movies we bought or were given but haven't seen. We'll probably start with Last of the Summer Wine: Bringing Sam Home, but we also have a Dana Carvey DVD, Iron Man, Eagle Eye, Almost Famous and the Scream trilogy. It's cold out, dinner is pizza, the soda is chilling in the fridge and the house should be tidy enough to stave off guilt. Nothing planned for tomorrow, either. I love Fridays!

No comments: