Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mamma Mia...here I go again...my my...

...how can I be such a dork? I even watched the sing-along version!

I bought Mamma Mia on DVD months ago but just got around to watching it with Geddy (who is a big ABBA fan) this afternoon. It was so much fun, and I can't wait to watch it with Curly Sue! She will love the dancing and singing and there's not too much 'splaining to do.

My favorites in the movie were Meryl Streep, Colin Firth and Christine Baranski. Truly, my only complaint was having to hear Pierce Brosnan "sing." I like happy movies, and this one definitely fit the bill. G's also on a mission to make me watch Xanadu, but the five minutes I saw of that one made my brain bleed.

Tonight, we plan on watching Almost Famous, one of my all-time favorites. We lost track of our original DVD -- we might actually have worn it out -- but picked it up again for beans. We also have Eagle Eye to watch if there's time.

If I had to list a few of my favorite movies besides Almost Famous, the Lord of the Rings trilogy would definitely be at the top. I really like Back to the Future, A Mighty Wind, Sense and Sensibility, A Hard Day's Night and Friday. My favorite scary movie is the original Halloween. I also enjoy this Hamlet and this Much Ado About Nothing.

Funny...G just walked in from getting our fast food dinner, looked over my shoulder and said most of his Facebook-listed favorites are on my list, except he likes this Hamlet. I knew I married the man for a reason!

But I'm still not watching Xanadu.

No comments: