Friday, April 18, 2008

Better than a bouquet of flowers

I confess, I'm a proud Mama most of the time. However, my youngest stunned us Wednesday night.

The little ones earn points for memorizing Bible verses, completing challenges, bringing their Bibles, journaling, etc. in All-Stars, their church program. They trade the points for "Slam Dunk Dollars" to use in a little store, which they open every three months.

Curly Sue, Moe and my nephews "Aardvark" and "Critter" all participate in this program. They are not required to have this Bible, but it's the one most commonly used, so my children got it for Christmas. Aardvark has one as well but Critter does not, which bothered Moe so much that he spent almost all of his Slam Dunk Dollars and bought one at the store.

We're wrapping it and letting him give it to Critter for his birthday tonight.

And I am very proud.

No comments: