Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another year's successful recital

Friday was a whirlwind, with friends visiting. My brother Bubby picked up the children in the early evening to take them to play at his house and to Burger King for my nephew's birthday, so Geddy and I had dinner at a downtown restaurant. We sat outside and shared an appetizer and dessert. For dinner, I had Caesar salad with blackened salmon. It was a very nice (and very rare!) date.

All this led up to Saturday. Curly Sue and I left around 11:30 a.m. for the performing arts center, stopping to grab a lunch on the way. The first show was at 2 p.m., but there were many little girls to help dress, make up for the stage and de-jewelry (the girls aren't allowed to wear jewelry on the stage). I watched the Ballet 2 clowns from the wings and they did very well, but of course my Curly Sue was the best! Nannie and Paw-Paw, Geddy and the boys were at that performance, so after the show, Curly was loaded down with bouquets.

I scrubbed off her face after she changed shows, and we headed to Barnes and Noble down the street with her friend Alicia, whose mom Maribel met us there. My friend Shauna and her girls, Courteney and Emily, also met us there. We had a snack, rested, relaxed, bought some books and headed back to get ready for the 7 p.m. show, where we repeated the afternoon's flurry of activity. Again, the best Ballet 2 clown belonged to me. (Of course, the other mamas might disagree, but then again, this is my blog! ;o)

So now we have a whole year until we have to do recital again. (All God's children say "Amen!")

We were exhausted and got home very late, so we missed church. Unfortunately, we also missed friends who were visiting our church, particularly our new friend Natalie, who was very sad when Curly Sue wasn't at All-Stars. Hopefully, we'll see them there again, though, and we'll definitely have a chance to see Natalie at Six Flags when we go in a couple of weeks with Geddy's company, where Natalie's dad also works.

No comments: