Monday, March 24, 2008

Pulling an all-nighter (ish)

It's pretty funny. At least, it will be tomorrow.

I agreed to do our church's 8-page newsletter on a program I barely know. I'm rusty, haven't really done this stuff in several years. And I waited until last night to get started.

I shouldn't have been surprised to find that, with six of eight pages finished (and 3 1/2 hours' work done), I saved it, closed it and reopened it to find that none of the changes were saved.

*sigh*

That was 11 p.m. At 1:30 a.m. I gave it up for this morning. I awoke at 7, finished two pages, called for guidance about one element and sent it just about in time for the 10:30 a.m. deadline.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the library and allergist. And don't call me this afternoon because I'll be napping. I'm old and I can't stay up that late without serious side effects.

No comments: