Thursday, March 27, 2008

Faith in finances

I posted here about our commitment to tithing this month and I wanted to add an update.

Even though there have been some rough moments, I have felt pretty much at peace about finances this month. I knew we were cutting it close with a week or so until the next paycheck, though.

Yesterday, my dad came by to pick up some groceries for the soup kitchen -- we had to clean out our cabinets and get rid of a rather large stockpile because of the children's allergies -- and he offered me $100 to "help get you through the month." I refused, explained our tithing/financial faith reasons and promised to let him know if we ran short of cash.

While I was at the top of the driveway waving goodbye to him, I decided to check the mail. In the box was a single envelope, a $112 refund check from the hospital.

You can't outgive God!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Wow! I can't tell you how many times we have had things like that happen, and we knew without a doubt it was no coincidence.

I love hearing stories of God's faithfulness. He is so BIG!

Have a great day!

PS - I'll be praying for the above situation also.