Monday, January 7, 2008

"You're an ANGRY elf!"

(You know that part in Elf where Buddy infuriates the writer by calling him an elf? Yeah, that's the one. Just settin' the scene here.)

I am angry. All the time. About everything.

Not that I'm sweetness and light normally. (Shut up, Misty.)

All I can figure is that the anger I don't feel toward the woman who killed my brother is manifesting itself in every other area of my life. Guess I'm gonna have to break down and add a "Grieving for Dummies" book to my 888 Challenge list.

During my Bible study time this morning, I was planning to continue Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself but instead I found myself drawn to Larry's lesson, which was a mini-sermon on different kinds of anger and godly responses, so it looks like I'll be doing some work in Proverbs and putting Beth on hold for awhile.

On the bright side, we started school back today and it went very well. We added in some chores for everybody using the Motivated Moms calendar and incorporated some Ambleside Online Year 1 books into the littles' schedule.

It doesn't hurt that the weather is as absolutely gorgeous, warm and sunny as it can be and the kiddos are running off steam outside. They're playing some kind of police detective game right now, complete with fake corpse. I'm sure the neighbors all wish their children would play more with mine.