Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Facebooking frenzy

I've been cheating on Blogger with Facebook. It's a great way to keep up with old friends and my scattered relatives, and I am really enjoying it. I do miss blogging, though, so here I am.

Mostly, we've been working on getting our feet back under us. I had a hysterectomy July 29 and my recovery has been very slow. Exactly a week after my surgery, before I had been cleared to drive, Geddy had a kidney stone and my brother Bubby had to drive him to the ER at midnight. By the weekend, he and I both had 'flu and I had thrush. About the time we were feeling better, a stomach virus snaked through the family.

The Hat Trick started the school year without me but they have done well. Our first six-week term ends Friday. Larry (now known as Squirt) is winding down with Teaching Textbooks Pre-Algebra and working on Georgia history and vocabulary. Curly Sue (Squish) just started Saxon 5/4 and is working in spelling, vocabulary and grammar workbooks. Moe (Squonk) is flying through Horizons math, vocabulary, spelling and grammar books. We are working in Mystery of History and Bob Jones Science 5 all together, and I'm pretty pleased with the progress we've made so far.

Next term, we add in Latin Road to English Grammar for Emory, Spanish and French for everybody, and literature. We might travel as a family to Nicaragua next spring and we want to know a little Spanish, and Squish wants to write our Haitian sponsored child Nervelie a letter in her native French.

Squish turns 10 a week from Friday and we are planning a sleepover with some of her friends. She wants it to be a spa party, so there may be some painting of fingers and toes and possibly a foot spa involved. I found cute bags and goodies at the Dollar Tree to pass out as favors and now we're working on getting word to her friends. I think a midnight Silly String war and the sing-along version of "Mamma Mia" might also be in the plan.

I am going to ENJOY my week off!

No comments: