Monday, June 1, 2009

Anniversary plans

Friday is Geddy's and my 16th wedding anniversary. We're going to Birmingham, where we plan to visit the zoo and attend a Barons game. G booked a nice hotel suite -- I think at a Marriott -- as well.

Wednesday is his birthday, so we are taking him to The Grillage, a locally owned restaurant similar to Moe's Southwest Grill (only better!). I have a small gift for him which I will not reveal because he sometimes reads my blog, but he already knows he wants a drum head that he will have to pick out himself.

I am re-reading In Cold Blood and planning for our year-end homeschool group cookout today. The littles are at Youth Police Academy and Larry and I are just hanging around the house. He's making battle plans on the phone with one of his friends who recently had a birthday and received a BB gun. (The same friend had a birthday party at Jumpin' Joey's yesterday, and I played in the inflatables with the kiddos. The slides were awesome!)

The rest of the week should be generally quiet, but I did register for a web seminar for an online school called St. Mark's Academy, which we are considering for Larry's high school years. It's a little pricey but not much more than a good high school curriculum or correspondence course, or even the local classical co-op. We'll see, either way. I just can't believe this will be his last middle school year. Come to think of it, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around being married 16 years, too!

No comments: