Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Comfort

I have been ill with a cough/fever/sore throat for a couple of days, and yesterday I felt so sick I asked my parents to take the children for the afternoon so I could rest. It turned into an overnight trip at my parents' request.

Late in the afternoon, I got a call from Larry.

"Hi, Mom. I was just calling to see how everything's going and to see if I can do anything for you. And to tell you I love you and hope you feel better."

My boy who turns 13 tomorrow, just checking on his Mama.

Geddy had a meeting but called to say he was bringing home dinner. When he came in, he handed me a bag from Burger King containing my very favorite fast-food dessert, Hershey's Sundae Pie. He had brought me the chicken fries I'd asked for as well, but the slice of pie was an unsolicited love offering.

Curly Sue and Moe called later to tell us goodnight. Moe, barely 8, had written a near-perfect essay on Ben Franklin while Curly Sue had researched and started a paper on Abigail Adams. I knew I didn't have to worry about them not doing their schoolwork for Nannie and Paw-Paw, and Nannie said they actually did more than they were supposed to do.

Mercy, my sweet family makes it very difficult for me to stay sick!

No comments: