Monday, March 9, 2009

Hi ho, hi ho

When I left my full-time job as a newspaper sports reporter/editor more than 10 years ago, I thought I had left that part of myself behind. After all, 60-hour week is not compatible with raising and educating three children and maintaining a home. I have freelanced for a magazine, written and edited tab sections and set up a new business (writing web copy, bios, etc.) on a contractual basis, but I moved away from all my contacts three years ago.

I met with the local newspaper's publisher this morning, and I am going to write the copy for a "green" tab to be published around Earth Day. It's something I am really excited about, and the meeting went well. I'm a bit nervous because of the length of time I've been away, but I have to admit that newspapers have stayed in my blood all these years and I can't wait to get started.

Wish me luck!

No comments: